Need to get more Emotional Intelligence? Let's talk about some ways that we may can get to a higher EI status within our life. This is for everyone; not just the leader but it is very important for those who want to progress with their professional life.
- Self Evaluation: We start with looking at ourselves and learning who we really are.
What exactly does this entail? Who are you really? Do you really know? You will not manage others well, or be a great leader without knowing who you are first.
- Have you ever really looked within your character to see what you could improve?
- How do you respond to others? How do you react to other people's annoying behaviors?
- How do you relate to other peoples mistakes?
- How do you react to stress?
- How do you react to disappointment?
- Do you make fast decisions?
- Do you think things through before making a decision?
- Do you rush to judgement before knowing all the facts?
- Can you put yourself into another person's moccasins?
- Are you judgemental instead of trying to understand?
- Do you care about other peoples feeling, desires and needs?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Do you accept that you are not perfect and that everyone needs improvement in some areas?
- Can you look within, with an honest evaluation?
- Do you think that you could be a better person?
- Working environment and/or social environment.
- Taking responsibility for actions.
- Learning how not to react... Very important....
At the end of each day, we will know that we have accomplished our goals, if our daily task are finished as they were defined. We made some improvement in our own personal growth, and emotional intelligence without offending another human.